What do the nine Cherished Romances in my new Cherished Brides Kindle Collection have in common?
- Characters must overcome major obstacles blocking the path to love and happiness.
- Stories are all sparked by “what if” questions that force characters to take action.
- Characters learn to seek God’s help when facing trouble or danger.
1. A Girl Called Cricket: What if an eastern society girl becomes the target of scandal sheets and an unscrupulous opportunist? Charity and her grandfather escape unwelcome publicity on a 1920s Wyoming guest ranch.
2. Angel of the North: What if a proud young woman suffers tragic consequences when she sends the man who loves her away, then realizes how much she cares? In order to do penance, Evangeline becomes a nurse and carries medicine to the Canadian wilderness in the late 1890s.
3. The Hills of Hope: What if a girl is hounded by her father to marry a man she despises? Battles rage at home and overseas during World War 1. Hope is torn between honoring her father and her love for a young soldier.
4. Legacy of Silver. What if two southern belles are in grave danger during the Civil War? Silver and her friend steal away in the night and begin a perilous journey north to find safety.
5. Storm Clouds over Chantel. What if the death of an 1880’s Boston maiden’s father leaves her at the mercy of a scheming stepmother and greedy ex-fiancé? Chantel flees to Montana Territory seeking refuge from an estranged grand-father.
6. A Vow to Cherish: What if a mid-1800s doctor vows to never again practice medicine? Keeping the vow means denying hope to Cherish, the backwoods North Carolina girl who saved Dr. Luke’s life.
7. Lamps of Hope, with Julie-Reece-DeMarco. What if a dedicated Seattle nurse follows in her courageous ancestors’ footsteps? Kiersten fights abuse, addiction, and poverty as zealously as those before her fought in times of war and peace.
8. Cascade Masquerade: What if a minister’s daughter loses hope that love will ever come to her? Anne accepts her singleness and happily serves her small Washington state village with her bookstore, His Way—until a golden-haired stranger with the face of an angel steps into her shop. Ten years in the writing.
9. Arizona Angel: What if the death of both parents leaves a young east coast girl penniless? Angela journeys to frontier Arizona in search of her twin brother. After rifle fir and an attack on the stagecoach she finds Abe near death. Alone and distraught, who can she trust?